Monday, July 13, 2009

Power outage bike ride.

I don't feel like I have much to say lately. But I hate that I haven't been updating, so here's a quick bit.

Today the power was out for a few hours, not sure why. But thank goodness for natural gas, because I was still able to make a fried egg and toast on the stove. And I even got coffee, cold, from a little packet and milk, it was good!

Then I did something I've been wanting to do for years.

I got on my bike and rode the 9ish miles into the Alpena city limits.

But I didn't stop there, I rode to my moms work, then across town to the post office, and then to get food in another part of town. Then to the beach to eat my food and read. I kept going all around town and read 3 chapters today. I figure I biked close to 20 miles today. My legs and butt were a bit sore, but not too bad.

Then I locked up my bike in a secret hidden location (Sytek park in the trees, haha) and hitched a ride home with my dad on the motorcycle. I love motorcycles!!

So this was all inspired by Warren, and Claire. Warren biked in 2.5 days to Alpena from Lansing. And Claire wants to bike to Alpena from Ann Arbor. She's invited me to go down there and bike up with her. I'm really really thinking about it, and I think it would be AWESOME.

I love living!

No comments:

Post a Comment