Sunday, May 17, 2009

My first purse

I made a purse for my friend for her birthday. I used a pattern and learned a lot! In the past I've made a number of things but always with the help of my mom in sewing and measuring and pretty much I just sat there and watched her and sewed what she told me to sew. This time I did it all on my own. And I'm really proud of how it turned out. Next week I plan on getting more fabric and making one for myself.
It's not meant to be reversible, but I guess it works with the blue on the outside too.

There are a few things that I could have done better, but I don't have the experience and I didn't have the time. I did quite well on the darts, pleats, edge stitching, measuring and cutting and assembling. But some of my stitch lines are not perfectly straight, hey, I'm human. And my slip stitching is very amateur. That had a lot to do with the lack of time, and some to do with my skill level.

If you would like me to make you something, I might have some time this summer to make stuff, but I would charge you the cost of the materials and a little for labor. I'd like to think that after I make my own purse I'll make another one just to sell, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment