Thursday, April 2, 2009

You won't get me down.

I Won't Be Left Behind

I run my fastest, but still get beat. 
I land on my head when I should be on my feet. 
I try to move forward, but I am stuck in rewind.
Why do I keep at it?
I won't be left behind.

The harder I am thrown, the higher I bounce.
I give it my all, and that's all that counts.
In first place, Myself, I seldom find.
So I push to the limit
I won't be left behind.

Some people tell me you can't.
Some say don't.
Some simply give up.
I reply, I won't.

The power is here, locked away in my mind.
My perseverance in my excellence,
I won't be left behind.

Make the best of each moment,
The future is soon the past.
The more I tell myself this,
The less I come in last.
Through out my competitions,
I've learned what winning is about.
A plain and clear lesson, 
Giving up is the easy way out.

So every night before I go to bed,
I hope in a small way I have shined.
Tomorrow is a brand-new day,
and I won't be left behind.

-Sara Natchman
(Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul)

A letter to the lady looking for a house-sitter, the managers of the restaurants I applied to, Student life, and everyone else interested:

You might think I don't have what it takes. You might think I'm not good enough, strong enough, qualified enough, or experienced. But listen here, I've struggled before and I count on struggling still. But I do not give up.

Hear that?!

I DO NOT GIVE UP.

Put me down, reject me, ignore me, disrespect me, doubt me, look down on me.

Don't let me play your reindeer games. 

It's your loss.

I know I've got something to offer. It's too bad you can't see that.

The more you put me down the harder I try. I will prove you wrong, just you wait and see.

-Roz

No comments:

Post a Comment